Galya Mateva is an experienced FL teacher and teacher trainer. Her prefessional expertise includes:
- project co-ordination of the ELTeCS regional project on joint regional inspections;
- participation as expert in the ECML Project 2.7.1 on “Quality Assurance and Self-assessment for Schools and Teachers” (2000-2003) and contribution to the CDROM on "Quality Management in Language Education";
- Member of the Co-ordinating team of the ECML project "QualiTraining - A Training Guide for Quality Assurance", local organiser of the ECML regional workshop (December 2005) and co-author of the "QualiTraining Guide" (2004-2007);
- conducting and co-ordinating teacher training and management training programmes within OPTIMA Bulgaria;
- CELTA and DELTA training and academic co-ordination;
- quality inspections for EAQUALS and OPTIMA, as well as within the region (e.g. through the “joint inspections project”);
- materials writing and publishing of ELT and ESP articles in professional journals.
Galya's envisaged role in the project team will consist in
- dissemination activities, (co-) organising and (co-)facilitation of workshops,
- networking to identify potential target audiences of multipliers for cascading events;
- co-operating with the other team members on carrying out needs analysis in preparation for WSs and adaptation of QualiTraining workshop materials for implementation in various educational contexts;
- with the other team members, carrying out small-scale feasibility studies and action research, to explore the specificity of introducing "QualiTraining" concepts and materials in various educational contexts, and - as appropriate - to contribute to the publishing of research outcomes in specialised journals for dissemination to a wider public.